DuPont Fellow and Chief Scientist, DuPont Nutrition & Health
Dr Andrew Morgan has over 35 years’ experience in research and development, including human health & nutrition, animal nutrition, industrial enzymes and crop science as well as innovation management, business development and corporate venturing.
The first 12 years of his industrial research career, Andrew spent with British Petroleum (BP Research and BP Nutrition – of which the latter is called Nutreco today). During his extensive international career, Andrew worked and lived in Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. During the past 23 years, Andrew has been working for DuPont and legacy Danisco & Cultor in various science, technology and innovation management roles, including:
- Chief Scientific Officer (2008-2011)
- Vice President for Technology & Business Development (2006 – 2008)
- Scientific Director for Danisco Venture (2002 – 2006)
- Vice President Innovation Bioscience (1999 – 2002)
- Director of the Cultor Technology Centre (1997 – 1999)
- Vice President Technology, Finnfeeds International - today part of DuPont/Danisco Animal Nutrition
Andrew is the former Chair of the UK’s Biosciences Knowledge Transfer Network and also a former Governing Body or Board member of various other biological sciences organisations including the Institute of Food Research in Norwich UK, SusChem European Technology Platform, the UK Industrial Biotechnology Leadership Forum and a number of biotech start-ups.
Andrew holds a First Class Honours Degree (B.Sc. 1976) in Biochemistry and Doctor of Philosophy (D.Phil. 1979) in Microbial Biochemistry & Genetics from the University of Sussex.